BYU Library has also created a resource page of
Other DNA Sequencing Facilities
Sequence Tools on the Web:
Click on the links below in order to access the Sequencing Tools.
The Sequence Manipulation Suite
- A collection of 30 different utilities for analyzing and manipulation sequence data.As seen in BioTechniques 28(6): 1102-1104.
A fairly complete list of proteomics tools maintained by ExPASy
(Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics).
Database Searching and File Manipulation
- Database Searching, Browsing and Analysis Tools.
BLAST to FASTA Format
- Will convert NCBI BLAST output to FASTA Format.
- will produce a restriction map of a sequence you input.
Open Reading Frame Finder
- identifies all open reading frames using the standard or alternative codes.
Biological Online Collaboration
- multiple users can work together online on biological tasks.
Sanger Institute Software Solutions
- many tools for manipulating DNA sequence.
- Tool to print a multiple alignment.
Multiple Sequence Alignment
- At EBI.
- align two sequences using BLAST
- find multiple matching subsegments in two sequences
- RNA Secondary Structure Prediction.
- Predict RNA secondary structure from sequence
Primers & Primer Design
- Picks PCR primers from nucleotide sequences you supply.
- Will calculate the TM
of your oligonucleotides.
Primer Analysis Software
- NetPrimer and Beacon Designer free link.
DNA to Protein Translator
- Converts DNA sequences to protein sequences.
Peptide Property Calculator
- Calculates Molecular Weight, Length of the Peptide, and Others.
- Will calculate Molecular Weight, Charge, UV Absorbtion, Atom and Residue Counts, and Solvent Content.
- Prediction of transmembrane helix location and topology (Columbia University).
- Helps to calculate g-values for various centrifuge models and rotors.
FreeWare Sequence Editing Software: (Download and install on your machine). Note: Please DO NOT install these software packages on DNASC computers. There are many free programs available that can open .ab1 files, such as
Sequence Scanner(PC), and
Sequence Analysis Software:
- Multiple Sequence Alignment Program.
v3.57 - by Joe Felsenstein.
v4.0 - by David Swofford.
- Tools for Population Genetic Analyses, by Mark Miller.